- Fully accredited through the Council of Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Consistent with the university’s mission and institutional goals and the Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards (EPAS) of the Council of Social Work Education
- Built on a generalist model of social work practice and a firm liberal arts foundation
VSU Social Work Students are specifically prepared for beginning generalist professional social work practice with individuals, groups, families, organizations and communities. Upon graduation, BSW graduates:
- May be immediately considered for employment in social service agencies, health and governmental agencies, schools, hospitals, corrections, private community service agencies and other organizations.
- Work with individuals of all ages from infancy through the end of life in areas such as child welfare, developmental disabilities, health, mental health, policy and planning, domestic violence, and gerontology.
- Have a greater diversity in jobs than any other degree.